How to Complete Tasks While Suffering from Depression

Performing even the tiniest chore may be quite burdensome while I'm going through a depressed episode. I underwent a different treatment resistant depression. Therefore, doing all the duties that I must do on a regular basis seems nearly impossible.

I shut down when I'm too stressed out by all the things on my to-do list. I stutter and find it challenging to break down each item on my to-do list into independent chores. My brain combines them all together, making it seem difficult to do everything. After different treatments and medications finally went with spravato treatment, after treatment everything changed slowly.

depression


Make a to-do list and write it down.

When I have a lot on my plate, I find that everything swirls about in my thoughts and might give the impression that I have more to accomplish than I have. I can see how much work there is to do by listing what has to be done. Even if it's something I do every day, I list everything I need to accomplish. For instance, even though I always make my bed and take a shower, I'll still include them on my chore list. Checking items off my list gives me a sense of empowerment.


Start with an easy task. 


Don't push yourself to finish the most difficult or time-consuming activity on your list. This might demotivate you as soon as you start attempting to do something. Act in a small way. As soon as you're done, check it off your list. This can inspire you to finish yet another project. I frequently begin with my routine duties before moving on to the more challenging ones.


Create reasonable expectations.


Don't just include every item you might possibly add to your to-do list. It may be too much for you. Only record goals that you can realistically attain today or in the foreseeable future. Always have a long-term to-do list that you can work on when you have free time. But let's not worry about painting your entire house right now; instead, let's concentrate on folding your clothes.


Any task you do, no matter how small, counts as a success.


Getting things done on a daily basis might be difficult. Be proud of yourself even if all you accomplished today was to make your bed. It's fantastic if you were able to complete a few of your agenda items.


Instead of focusing on what you accomplished, consider what you did.


Recognize the work you put in for the day and keep your attention there. If you criticise yourself every day for not finishing your to-do list, you won't be motivated to try the following day again.


After completing a particular amount of chores, give yourself a reward.


Have some candy on hand, and give yourself a piece when you finish particular tasks. After accomplishing everything, promise yourself you'll watch your favourite TV show. This might help you stay motivated to complete your tasks and stay on task.


With depression, getting things done is difficult. That understates it, in my opinion. To be quite honest, I even had trouble crossing writing this post off my list of things to accomplish. It was there for much too long. Upon completion, be proud of your accomplishments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Anxiety Make You Depressed

Do I Need Therapy?

What resources are available to you online for managing depression?